Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday tidbits

*Do you suppose the conservative opinions of MSNBC's Morning Joe Scarborough would be a bit easier to digest - even you disagree - if he didn't express them in a series of sarcastic sneers? Morning Joe doesn't like the Obama budget. "Where's the money coming from?" he legimately wonders. But to see him say it (and other things) makes you want to throw a shoe at the TV.

*The other day I pointed you to the concessions at the new Yankee Stadium - if you can afford a ticket to get inside. Today's it's parking your car. New system, some new locations and rates. Check it out here, courtesy of my son, David, who's keeping me posted on this stuff. My opinion: Try public transportation, particularly when the new Metro-North train station on the Hudson River line is open. (But get to the Poughkeepsie terminal early if you want to parking spot and make your train.)

*There's no bigger B.B. King fan than I am, but I'll pass on his show this summer at Bethel Woods. B.B. deserves our admiration for continuing to tour well into his 80s, but fact is, he's understandably lost a step. For those like me who've enjoyed him for years - and seen him in Poughkeepsie and Kingston when he was closer to his prime - he's become an uncomfortable listen. Sort of like Frank Sinatra during his final days as a performer.
comments powered by Disqus

<< Home