Monday, January 19, 2009

Pictures and sound

I'll be out of town on business for a couple of days, which means two things:

1. No new blogs. (I pause here for your sighs of despair.)

2. I won't be in front of a TV Tuesday to watch the Inauguration and assorted hoopla.

To say the least, missing out on a live armchair view of history is disturbing. So tonight the Tivo will be set to record the action from mid-morning until the end of the parade. (I should be in my hotel room in time for the Inaugural balls.)

And on what channel will the Tivo be set? Liberal MSNBC? Conservative Fox? Sort of middle-of-the-road CNN? One of the major networks? No, no, no and no.

For me, this will be a C-SPAN event.

Precious little narration. No opinions. No distractions from the speakers. Only pictures and sound, live and direct from our nation's capital. C-SPAN it is.
comments powered by Disqus

<< Home