Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday afternoon quarterback

*Worst of two poor performances over the weekend: Jay Leno at the White House Correspondents Dinner, or Conan O'Brien on "60 Minutes"? Leno, by a chin.

*Speaking of the correspondents event in Washington, it took an unfortunate turn some years ago when news organizations began peppering their tables with celebrities. Not necessarily in order of importance (or lack thereof), this year's guest list included the likes of the Jonas Brothers, Justin Bieber, Kim Karsdashian, Jessica Simpson and Omarosa, among dozens of others. With all the troubles the big time media has these days, why would it want take down its level of respect another couple of notches by engaging in these kind of trivial one-night associations?

*I know I've lost my senses when I play 27 holes of golf, most in one weekend for me in well over a year, in stifling heat. Considering how poorly I play - and I do mean poorly - it's yet another reminder that not all of my decisions are good ones.
comments powered by Disqus

<< Home