Tuesday, December 11, 2007

On the road again

It's not quite the Bermuda Triangle, but Kingston to Hillsdale to Millbrook (with an occasional detour to Albany) has been my route the last few weeks and will be for at least through the end of the year.

The Freeman, The Independent, Taconic Press and WAMC's Media Project are on my radar (actually, my GPS). That means plenty of contemplative time on the Thruway, Taconic Parkway and Bulls Head Road. Only there's no luxury of too much contemplation, at least on the latter two, because I'm always mindful of deer darting in my path.

I was barely clipped by one a couple of years ago on the Taconic. Fortunately, no injuries to me, the car or the deer. But it sure did get my attention.

Now comes the snow and ice. Not nice.

As the sergeant used to say at the beginning of "Hill Street Blues," be careful out there.
comments powered by Disqus

<< Home