Friday, October 12, 2007

Blog fiction

Someone who does what I've been doing for nearly 40 years does a lot of reading. Usually, it's as many newspapers I can devour in print or on-line, plus a variety of magazines. Recently, I've started looking at blogs. In fact, I made reference to blogs yesterday on WAMC radio when I was talking about the Ulster County DA's race.

As best as I can remember, I said political blogs are more prevalent this election cycle, and might impact some of the races. I said one of the blogs seems to be particularly popular.

Imagine my surprise this morning during my daily blog scan to read my comments incorrectly paraphrased on one of the sites. In fact, the blogger flat out reported I favorably mentioned his blog. No I didn't. I didn't mention any blog by name. But if you really want to know, I was thinking of the Kingst-onion, which I've found generally well-written and humorous.

You've heard the old saying, "Don't believe everything you read in the newspapers." Do yourself a favor and believe even less of what you read in some of the blogs.
comments powered by Disqus

<< Home