Friday, June 22, 2007

Long day's journey into night

It's been a while since my last entry. Busy doing "publisher things." Looking forward to the weekend, although I'm not sure why.

Seems I've talked myself into playing 54 holes of golf Saturday.

You read that correctly. Fifty-four holes! Three rounds, starting shortly before 7 a.m. and finishing, if they haven't had to mop me up off a fairway before then, by about 8 p.m.

No, it's not for charity. No, I'm not a good player (far from it). And, no, I'm not even going to get the benefit of cardio exercise by walking, as I usually do when I play the standard and sane 18 holes in one day.

It's hard to explain what's going on, other than my wife and our friends want to try it. So, I'm in.

Yes, I realize this plan only solidifies the belief that some of you might have about my judgment. But really, if I survive -- the operative word being "if" -- I'll have something to talk about.

Good news is the weather is supposed to be perfect. Light a candle for me.
comments powered by Disqus

<< Home