Friday, June 8, 2007

The master of space and time

One of the things most people don't know about me is that I'm a big fan of musician Leon Russell.

I got hooked on Leon (and Joe Cocker) in 1970 when the legendary "Mad Dogs and Englismen" tour played at SUNY New Paltz. I've seen both perform several times since, Leon most recently a couple of months ago when he was at The Egg in Albany.

Today I saw an ad in our Preview entertainment section saying Leon Russell will be on the bill for a July 14 show at Bethel Woods, site of the original Woodstock Festival in Sullivan County. The headliner: the great Levon Helm of Woodstock, another favorite of mine, who I haven't seen live since The Band was together, even though his popular "Rambles" take place at his home only a few miles from mine.

Don't be surprised if you see me in the crowd when Levon and Leon peform at Bethel Woods.
comments powered by Disqus

<< Home