Wednesday, August 6, 2008

El Paso - New York, not Texas

Back on the road today visiting advertisers, some already in the paper, some we're hoping to attract.

One stop along the way with sales rep Jody Wallack was the El Paso Winery in Ulster Park. As my friend, columnist-broadcaster Stan Fischler, likes to say about someplace he's never been, I aspired to go there. After all, I've been passing the winery on Route 9W for years without ever venturing inside. It was time.

We were greeted by Jay Vogel, who runs the place with his wife. (I think he'd say it's the other way around.) The small shop offers a variety of their blends, as well as a host of related products. Yes, there are free wine-tastings, too. I look forward to trying the bottle of Chianti I purchased.

El Paso Winery is yet another unique business tucked into a corner of Ulster County.
comments powered by Disqus

<< Home