Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Convential thinking, II

It was Hillary Clinton's finest moment. Her best speech. A stemwinder that wonderfully wrapped up her life and experiences and goals and campaign, then neatly linked it to Barack Obama, by way of passing the torch.

And Hillary took it to John McCain, unlike terribly weak keynoter Gov. Mark Warner of Virginia, who failed his party with a sit-on-your-hands address best suited for a college graduation.

"No way. No how. No McCain," Hillary intoned. Perfect.

McCain and Bush convening with the Republicans next week in St. Paul, one of the "twin cities." Get it? Twin cities. Again, perfect.

I could go on, but I'll leave it to others more eloquent. I'll say only that I've never been enthusiastic about Hillary Clinton. Respect her? Yes. Admire her accomplishments? Sure. But she never fully connected for me. Until tonight.

Senator, you hit a home run!
comments powered by Disqus

<< Home