Thursday, June 19, 2008

This and that

* Even his most avid admirers probably have read enough about the late Tim Russert by now, but let me add one more thing: From what I saw during a "Today" show interview and at his dad's memorial, Russert's 22-year-old son, Luke, really seems to be an exceptional young man.

* Speaking of exceptional, Tiger Woods' performance in the U.S. Open, which we now know he won despite a serious knee injury and a stress fracture, has to go down as one of the most amazing feats in the history of sports.

* As much as I dread severe weather in the winter months, my house is more vulnerable to power outages when one of those big, bad thunderstorms blows through Woodstock.

* It'll be up to others to decide if there's substance to those sexual harassment allegations at Kingston's Department of Public Works. But I sure hope city officials -- and those in charge of any private or public sector operation -- are paying close attention.

* I almost never listen to "live" radio anymore now that I've belatedly discovered "podcasts" and an iPod audio adaptor for my car.
comments powered by Disqus

<< Home