Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Paterson, Francesa, Townsend

*Nobody knows what will become of Gov. David Paterson, particularly as a new round of rumors (all of which he's denying) make their way around the Capitol. But according to this story in New York Magazine, Paterson won't go down without a fight. Interesting stuff in this piece, particularly about how the New York Post allegedly has it in for him.

*I did watch all of the M*A*S*H finale that held the previous record for highest rated TV show in U.S. history. But I only watched a little of the record-breaking Super Bowl game. So I can't offer much other than Peyton Manning seemed mortal in the few minutes I caught. Anyway, I did listen to a Mike Francesa interview on WFAN with the usually enligthening Phil Simms to hear more about the game. Check that, I only listened to part of the interview, because, as usual, Francesa did most of the talking. I wanted Simms' opinion, not Francesa's. But that's been Francesa's M.O. for years: Guests come on his show and he dominates the conversation. It's what makes the program must-not-listen radio.

*I saw a clip of The Who's halftime performance. I know I'm the last to say this, but why was The Who selected to play at the Super Bowl? Put another way, what does this say about the National Football League's view of its demographics? At least there were no wardrobe malfunctions, a la Janet Jackson ... if you don't count a bit too much of Peter Townsend's belly.
comments powered by Disqus

<< Home