Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Here we go!

It was September 1970 when I first rolled a piece of copy paper into a typewriter (remember typewriters?) at my desk at the Freeman's old building on the Rondout (currently the home of Mariner's restaurant). Thousands of stories and columns later, here it is May 2007 and I'm a blogger! Heck, in 1970, a blogger could have been a villain in a Popeye cartoon.

Anyway, I'm off and running with my contributions to the web. As publisher of the Daily and Sunday Freeman, Las Noticias, the Taconic Press weeklies, the Westchester County Times, Dutchess Magazine and the Hudson Valley Guide, I'll mostly stick to answering your questions and concerns about what it is we do and how we do it. (Why is the Channels TV section smaller, anyway?)

But given this exciting new forum, I may not be able to resist. So look for an occasional straying from the media biz for my two cents and more on a variety of other topics.

Check back soon. We've only just begun.

Labels:

comments powered by Disqus

<< Home